[chirp_users] chirp_users Digest, Vol 51, Issue 50

Tom Hayward
Mon Mar 25 21:09:57 PDT 2013

On Mon, Mar 25, 2013 at 8:33 PM, Eric Varnado <kf5hdr at ymail.com> wrote:
> Is there any way to convert the attached file which was exported from a
> Yaesu FT8800.
> I want to be able to tranfer the same set of frequencies to my other radios
> so that they all match.
> They are the ICOM 208H, Icom W32A & BAOFENG UV-5R
> thank you for all you guys do. I love the CHIRP software.

That file appears to be some proprietary format belonging to another
program. It is not simply a dump of your FT-8800, but something
manipulated by another program.

Use Chirp to download from your FT-8800, then export to a CSV file.
Save the CSV file in your stock_configs folder. Now every time you
want to program a radio with those settings you can import the CSV
file into whatever radio you want.

Tom KD7LXL