[chirp_users] New user with Mac issue: app won't start

Tom Hayward
Fri Mar 15 13:31:40 PDT 2013

On Fri, Mar 15, 2013 at 1:04 PM, Grant Cunningham <kd7jnw at me.com> wrote:
> Nothing happens; the app doesn't open, doesn't give an error message, icon doesn't appear in the dock, etc. Tried it on 2 very different machines: a MacBook Air running the latest version of Mountain Lion, and an old iBook G4 running Leopard (10.5.2) Problem is identical on both machines. It's obviously me, but what?
> I'm not at all familiar with Python; is there something I need to do besides simply installing it? Will it run on a G4, or does it require an Intel?

Yes, it's Intel-only, so don't bother trying the G4.

On the Macbook Air, you should see the Chirp icon appear in your dock
after launching. For some reason OS X doesn't place the window in
focus, so you'll have to click the icon or Cmd-Tab before you see
anything.

If you still aren't seeing anything appear in the dock, try checking
Console.app in Utilities and ~/.chirp/debug.log for any error
messages.

Tom KD7LXL