[chirp_users] Yaesu FT-7900 R/E question

Bill Gabbard
Wed Mar 6 17:35:41 PST 2013

Ditto on this,
Bill
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Amateur Radio WB8NUT
  To: Discussion of CHIRP
  Sent: Wednesday, March 06, 2013 8:30 PM
  Subject: Re: [chirp_users] Yaesu FT-7900 R/E question

  Wow, first he says it is a fine program, then a crapshot. This was completely uncalled for Mark. Dan is volunteering and contributing his time, effort and money to build this application and offers it for FREE. READ FREE. He owes you nothing. No support, no help, nada. I'll bet you never even contributed to him to support his efforts.

  The program works for me and thousands of other hams.

  Because it does not work for you, or does not support the radio you want it to, or whatever, you lash out at the guy?

  Completely and utterly uncalled for. You owe Dan a public apology.

  I personally am glad this was posted for everyone to see. Now we all know what a jerk you are.

  Dan, sorry about this uncalled for and completely unreasonable post. Please know that 99.999% of the other clear thinking hams are very grateful for your time and effort.

  Best Regards to Dan,

  Duffy

    Phaeton
    March 6, 2013 8:04 PM
    Shove it Dan you f**king prick. Take me off your list.
    You've been NOTHING but a pain in my ass since I
    joined and I speak the absolute truth when I say
    support is NOT LIKEY to cross brands very often
    because simply put, Chirp is a crapshot at best
    to use even with the listed radios.

    You're an absolute f**khead and I hope you have
    a set of balls to let the message post to see what
    some people think of your Tyrant and holier than thow
    attitude.

    Sent from my 15.4" MacBook Pro, i7 quad core

    March 6, 2013 6:18 PM

    This is NOT true. I have corrected you on this exact topic in the past:

    http://intrepid.danplanet.com/pipermail/chirp_users/2013-February/003137.html

    Please stop it.

    Mark, the above archive link should answer your question.

    Phaeton
    March 6, 2013 5:41 PM
    The 7900 will not show in the list of radios in Chirp unless Chirp
    has been modified to use it. Nor is it likely the 7900 will operate
    with the 7800 that is supported by Chirp. I've not heard of radios
    that work with Chirp while being undocumented to do so. I'm fairly
    certain Chirp looks for the radio ID when trying to read from it and
    simply won't allow its use for your sake.

    I use for my FT8900 software from www.g4hfq.co.uk/ftb7900.htm and will work
    flawlessly with your FT7900 R/E. It's called FTB7900. You can test it out, you
    just can't write ti the radio unless you pay I think $15.00 US, well worth it.
    Hope you have the right cable. USB on one in and Mini 6 pin DIN on the
    other like most Yaesu mobiles use.

    Good luck

    Sent from my 15.4" MacBook Pro, i7 quad core

    Apple //GS
    March 6, 2013 5:20 PM
    This is a fine program, and it works perfectly with my BAOFENG UV5RA, but for the life of me I can not get CHIRP to see my Yaesu FT-7900 R/E.
    I have tried to use BOTH Mac and Windows, and while there are many other Yaesu models, the 7900 does not show up on the list.  I see from some others here that they have brought it up.

    Please help me, at least show me how to ask others how to get my computers to see my Yaesu.

    Apple Macintosh
    CHIRP 0.3.0
    GTK 2.24.10
    PyGTK 2.22.0