[chirp_users] Fwd: I got an unsupported xinchuang TR-N7 radio, how can I add support for it?

Tony Langdon
Mon Mar 4 15:29:42 PST 2013

On 5/03/13 10:12 AM, Dan Smith wrote:
> It's really not as easy as getting a serial dump or even a sample
> image. The process of reverse-engineering these radios is
> time-consuming and very tedious, even when you have the radio on hand.
> I've done a couple of models remotely, asking someone to send me dump
> after dump in an attempt to do it without having to actually hold the
> radio myself. Even as skilled as I have become at making
> (relatively) quick work of doing these, it takes so much _more_ time
> that way that I've committed to not doing it remotely anymore. Other
> developers may feel differently, but the time cost is far (far) more
> than the monetary cost to ship the radio back and forth between the
> owner and the developer once.
Fair enough, I'm in no great hurry in my case, and I'd prefer not to
ship things halfway around the world and back if I can avoid it. :)
However, I haven't ruled that out either, though it won't be any time
soon.  I'll see how things look around the middle of the year, and if I
have some spare cash and no risk of moving house, then you might have a
radio headed your way to play with. :)

--
73 de Tony VK3JED
http://vkradio.com