[chirp_users] CHIRP and ICOM W32A

John LaMartina
Sun Mar 3 05:17:53 PST 2013

John,
Do any of your error messages match one of these?
http://www.miklor.com/uv5r/UV5R-ErrorMess.html

Hope this helps...
John    K3NXU

-----Original Message-----
From: chirp_users-bounces at intrepid.danplanet.com [mailto:chirp_users-bounces at intrepid.danplanet.com] On Behalf Of John Randle
Sent: Saturday, March 02, 2013 10:45 PM
To: chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com
Subject: [chirp_users] CHIRP and ICOM W32A

I am trying to use the latest daily build of CHIRP and my USB cable for
my BAOFENG UV-5R (which works beautifully with CHIRP) to download the
programming from an ICOM W32A HT.  Is there any special configuration at
the radio that CHIRP is expecting (aside from just turning it on) as I
keep getting CHIRP telling me that there was no response from the radio.
I have tried putting the W32A into the clone mode .. and it seems to
transmit data .. but CHIRP is not getting it.
Thanks in advance..
--
John
73's de K9RSQ