[chirp_users] Help with Chirp on Mac OSX

Phaeton
Sat Mar 2 11:14:50 PST 2013

I have it working on OSX Mountain Lion 10.8.2 64 bit.
You need to install the right driver for your USB to serial
cable. Since I have no way of knowing what the USB
to serial chip inside your cable is you'll have to do some
experimentation.

If your cable is based on the Prolific PL2303 chis this driver should work
because it is what I used.
http://changux.co/osx-installer-to-pl2303-serial-usb-on-osx-lio

Scroll down through the install illustration until you come to this dialog

PL2303 Serial-USB on OSX Lion.pkg (55 KB)

Click to download and then install like you would any other Mac pkg file.
As you scroll down through the instructions to get to the pkg download
read them because that will appear on your screen as the driver installs.
Now, this is for most PL2303 chipped cables. But i cannot guarantee it will work
with your as some counterfeit chips exist and they will only work with a certain
driver. Once the driver installs, you should then have a PL2303 selection in
the port besides the stander devices.

Sent from my 15.4" MacBook Pro, i7 quad core