[chirp_users] TH-F6 Download button

Jim Unroe
Fri Jun 21 16:37:36 PDT 2013

On Fri, Jun 21, 2013 at 12:46 PM, ken robinson <ken8251 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Re: TH-F6A
> I can't seem to get the download to radio button on my on the Chirp
> software to enable. Upload is fine.
>
> Any suggestions??
>
> Ken

> Ken,

I believe you have the terms backwards. It is...
"Download From Radio" [CHIRP <-- RADIO]
"Upload To Radio" [CHIRP --> RADIO]

The "Download From Radio" (Alt+D) should always be available. That is the
process that you must be able to do to get started with a new radio.

The "Upload To Radio" (Alt+U) is different. It must have a valid template
for a radio in a selected tab before it is available. And in the case of
the TH-F6, it will never be available. The reason is explained in this
dialog that appears once downloading from the radio completes.

"Note:
The Kenwood TH-F6 operates in live mode. This means that any changes you
make are immediately sent to the radio. Because of this, you cannot perform
the Save or Upload operations. If you wish to edit the contents offline,
please Export to a CSV file, using the File menu."