[chirp_users] Baofeng uvr5a - chirp offset settings won't save

Tom Morris
Fri Jun 21 09:34:21 PDT 2013

When you program from the radio's own front panel I believe you get the
same +- display when it's in channel mode (as of BFB251 on my radio I
bought at Dayton last year). I think that's just the way they roll. :)

The offset is only used in VFO (frequency mode).

On Fri, Jun 21, 2013 at 11:29 AM, Larry <lhlauer at earthlink.net> wrote:

> That is correct. The offset is not saved and the plus and minus signs both
> light up to show that the transmit and receive frequency are different. The
> transmit and receive frequency should be saved separately and will be
> correct I am sure
>  WB2UFO
> -- Larry
> Sent from my Nexus 7
>
> clark at clarkturnertuning.com wrote:
>>
>> We where never able to get the newer UV5R's to work with Chirp. The
>> Offset does not save and it shows both plus and minus on at the same time.

Tom Morris, KG4CYX
Mad Scientist For Hire
Chairman, South Florida Tropical Hamboree / Miami Hamfest
Engineer, WRGP Radiate FM, Florida International University
786-228-7087
151.820 Megacycles