[chirp_users] Baofeng UV-5RA

Marshall
Thu Jun 20 07:43:07 PDT 2013

Anyone can tell me how to set the voice back to English?

From my Android phone on T-Mobile. The first nationwide 4G network.

-------- Original message --------
From: Jim Unroe <rock.unroe at gmail.com>
Date: 06/20/2013  4:32 AM  (GMT-06:00)
To: Discussion of CHIRP <chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com>
Subject: Re: [chirp_users] Baofeng UV-5RA

On Thu, Jun 20, 2013 at 2:04 AM, Kjell Andersson <kjell.anders.andersson at gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

UV-5RA is the newer model compared to UV-5R, but is it better? Is it
still as programable and so on? Anybody know?

/Kjell

Same electronics. Different case. The UV-5R is still shipping. It is the firmware version, not the case style,  that can determine which is newer. Firmware versions newer than BFB297 all masquerade as BFB297 when pressing and holding the [3] key while turning on the radio. You can see the 'real' firmware version by using CHIRP. Visit the Miklor.com website for details.

http://www.miklor.com/uv5r/UV5R-FWRelease.html