[chirp_users] UV-5re +

John LaMartina
Sun Jul 28 12:37:24 PDT 2013

I think you may have identified the problem. The issue is not with CHIRP.

You say you've downloaded the latest drivers.

This could be where the problem lies.

If you are running Windows 7/8, you do Not want to run a driver newer than Prolific 3.2.0.0

Refer to the Miklor Drivers page at http://www.miklor.com/COM/UV_Drivers.php

This page will explain why and direct you to the proper drivers.

After the proper drivers are confirmed,

After that, refer to http://www.miklor.com/COM/UV_CHIRP.php

Especially the Guide and Examples.

This should get you doing in the right direction.

Let us know if the issues are resolved.

Hope this helps

John K3NXU

http://www.miklor.com