[chirp_users] Baofeng UV-5R Issues

Angelo Sonnesso
Sun Jul 28 03:08:37 PDT 2013

Which driver did you end up with?

73 Angelo N2DYN

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Tony Langdon
  To: chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com
  Sent: Friday, July 26, 2013 5:56 PM
  Subject: Re: [chirp_users] Baofeng UV-5R Issues

  On 27/07/13 7:42 AM, rider4jc2001 at yahoo.com wrote:

    I got mine working finally. I had to go back to http://www.miklor.com/uv5r/ and install the other driver. The cable that came with my UV-5R has the wrong driver. Once I got that done, Chirp works just fine.
    KD0WEH
  Yep, the driver issue is probably the biggest gotcha with these radios.  Install the right driver, and all is fine.  In my case, the driver installation for the UV-5R had a bonus side effect, it also enabled another USB-serial cable which I had kicking around to work (I'm not even sure where that cable came from!). :)

--
73 de Tony VK3JED/VK3IRL
http://vkradio.com