[chirp_users] Baofeng UV-5R

Jim MacKenzie
Fri Jul 26 10:37:49 PDT 2013

That's true with my Wouxun KG-UVD1P also.

Thankfully, once you've done it correctly once, it's pretty easy to know in
future.  It has a distinct feel to it when you fully insert it.

Jim

From: chirp_users-bounces at intrepid.danplanet.com
[mailto:chirp_users-bounces at intrepid.danplanet.com] On Behalf Of Marty Braun
Sent: Friday, July 26, 2013 11:34 AM
To: chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com
Subject: Re: [chirp_users] Baofeng UV-5R

Glad you got it going.  Another point specific to this radio, at least to
mine is to be sure the plug is all the way in the radio.  I know that sounds
obvious, but I worked on mine for hours without getting it going.  Turns out
that I was not connecting the cable completely into the radio.  I thought I
was, but even after it felt secure I had to push a little bit more to get a
good connection.  This radio has an extra stiff  terminal in it.  There is a
very distinct "SNAP" once the cable is properly seated.  As soon as I made
that little extra effort every thing worked just fine.