[chirp_users] Baofeng UV-5R Issues

rider4jc2001@yahoo.com
Fri Jul 26 08:42:14 PDT 2013

That did it. I had to run through the Driver process 4 times but finally got it. Thank you.

KD0WEH

Sent from Windows Mail

From: John LaMartina ☀
Sent: ‎July‎ ‎26‎, ‎2013 ‎9‎:‎46‎ ‎AM
To: Discussion of CHIRP
Subject: Re: [chirp_users] Baofeng UV-5R Issues

Stay with it and enjoy the learning process.

If neither software works, let's go back to the drivers.

Review http://www.miklor.com UV5R Drivers section.

Windows should not use any Prolific Driver newer than 3.2.0.0

Let us know if this helps.

John K3NXU

Http://www.miklor.com

On Jul 26, 2013, at 10:30 AM, "rider4jc2001 at yahoo.com" <rider4jc2001 at yahoo.com> wrote:

Sorry for asking this if it has been asked and answered...

I have recently gotten my Technician License and Call Sign (KD0WEH) and have now purchased a cheap (inexpensive) handheld to get started with.

I purchased the software and programming cable as well and have not bee able to get it read my radio. So, now I’m trying Chirp and am having the same problem. I’ve tried changing from Com3 to Com4 but that didn’t help. I’ve tried uninstalling and re-installing. That didn’t help. Ideas of where to turn for help figuring this out? I could take it to someone and have them program it but then I wouldn’t learn how to do it myself...

Thanks in advance.

KD0WEH

Sent from Windows Mail