[chirp_users] Baofeng UV-5R Issues

Jan Öhberg
Fri Jul 26 07:40:12 PDT 2013

1:s EXPORT from your radio to your COMPUTER
2:nd Make your changes to the database now on your computer'
3: IMPORT the database to ypur radio

You MUST export your radio to the computer. If not, it will NOT WORK. Of course your RS232 cable to your computer must work before

Regards Jan SM7VVG

Fr om: rider4jc2001 at yahoo.com
Sent: Friday, July 26, 2013 4:30 PM
To: chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com
Subject: [chirp_users] Baofeng UV-5R Issues

Sorry for asking this if it has been asked and answered...
I have recently gotten my Technician License and Call Sign (KD0WEH) and have now purchased a cheap (inexpensive) handheld to get started with.
I purchased the software and programming cable as well and have not bee able to get it read my radio. So, now I’m trying Chirp and am having the same problem. I’ve tried changing from Com3 to Com4 but that didn’t help. I’ve tried uninstalling and re-installing. That didn’t help. Ideas of where to turn for help figuring this out? I could take it to someone and have them program it but then I wouldn’t learn how to do it myself...
Thanks in advance.
KD0WEH

Sent from Windows Mail