[chirp_users] Baofeng UV-5R Issues

rider4jc2001@yahoo.com
Fri Jul 26 07:30:27 PDT 2013

Sorry for asking this if it has been asked and answered...

I have recently gotten my Technician License and Call Sign (KD0WEH) and have now purchased a cheap (inexpensive) handheld to get started with.

I purchased the software and programming cable as well and have not bee able to get it read my radio. So, now I’m trying Chirp and am having the same problem. I’ve tried changing from Com3 to Com4 but that didn’t help. I’ve tried uninstalling and re-installing. That didn’t help. Ideas of where to turn for help figuring this out? I could take it to someone and have them program it but then I wouldn’t learn how to do it myself...

Thanks in advance.

KD0WEH

Sent from Windows Mail