[chirp_users] Band Width for UV-5R

Jim Unroe
Wed Jul 24 14:23:08 PDT 2013

On Wed, Jul 24, 2013 at 1:18 PM, Jim Tills <jtills at abbnebraska.com> wrote:

> **
> Is there a way to change the "Wide" bandwidth to "Narrow" with the CHIRP
> software. I don't see it on the spreadsheet.  Thanks   Jim  W7JWT
>
> Actually I did find the section on settings where you could input Narrow.
> However, I downloaded the data to the UV-5R HT, but all memory channels
> still show Wide. Does anyone have a solution?  Thanks   Jim   W7JWT

Jim,

It doesn't sound like you are changing the right thing. It is the Mode
column on the main spreadsheet.

FM=WIDE
NFM=NARROW

The upper status display of the UV-5R will show an "N" indicator for every
channel that is programmed to NARROW. Having no "N" in the upper status
display indicates the channel is set to WIDE.