[chirp_users] Help

Jim Unroe
Tue Jul 16 15:00:05 PDT 2013

On Tue, Jul 16, 2013 at 3:55 PM, Davecenturytel <DWB2808 at centurytel.net>wrote:

> **
> I have been working with a friend to help him us CHIRP.
>
> On his computer (windows7) when I click Radio at the top of the screen
> opens the pull down window but it does not do anything if I try to click
> download. I can not download a file from the radio.
>
> If I open a file and have on the screen it will not let me upload to the
> radio. There is no error message or any indication at all on the screen.
> What can I do.
> Dave

Providing a debug.log as Tom suggest would help.

What type of serial cable are you using? If you a USB-to-serial type
programming cable with a 'prolific' chip, is the correct driver installed?
Visit the Miklor.com website and click on the 'Drivers and USB Cables'
link. That page show you how to determine if you have the right driver, and
if you don't it will provide a link for the correct driver and show you how
to install it.