[chirp_users] Basic CSV help

Jim Unroe
Sat Jul 13 18:28:07 PDT 2013

On Sat, Jul 13, 2013 at 8:53 PM, Chris Kantarjiev <cak at dimebank.com> wrote:

> I must be doing something fundamentally wrong. I'm trying for the first
> time to use make my channel definitions in a CSV file, rather than just
> using a radio-specific file. I think I have the right format, but CHIRP
> always tells me "no channels found".
>
> I've attached a sample with one channel definition. Can someone tell me
> what I'm doing wrong?
>
> Thanks!
>
> VY 73 de chris K6DBG

You've added a bunch of commas and a comment in the header line. This
completely throws off all the values for your channel so CHIRP has no idea
what it is. Then you made up you own field data. For example, you entered
'5 KHz' in the Mode column when the values should only be FM, NFM, etc.

Create a CHIRP spreadsheet with a few channels using the various settings
that you are going to use. Export it to a sample.csv file. The use it as a
guide and don't add columns or change it except to add data. Don't invent
your own values.