[chirp_users] hello from a new list member

Dan Smith
Wed Jul 3 08:41:08 PDT 2013

> the first one is solvable by adding some accessibility features
> (python has some and apple published the API for voiceover). I am not
> a coder, so I can't tell how difficult this will be.

The detail you're probably not aware of is that CHIRP uses a
cross-platform UI toolkit called GTK. This makes it invisible to screen
readers on both Windows and MacOS, which only support reading for their
native widgets. It works just fine on Linux, of course, but that
doesn't help you.

Unfortunately, there is not much we can do for you here. It's not
feasible to have a volunteer-run application project that supports all
three platforms' UI toolkits natively, and especially one that moves at
the speed that CHIRP does.