[chirp_users] UV5R

Ken G
Thu Jan 31 21:06:14 PST 2013

Bret thanks for this. I didn’t know about that feature of the radio. Is there any criteria which would determine if they use CTCSS or DCS ?

Ken G

From: chirp_users-bounces at intrepid.danplanet.com [mailto:chirp_users-bounces at intrepid.danplanet.com] On Behalf Of Bret Hedrington
Sent: Friday, 1 February 2013 1:27 PM
To: Discussion of CHIRP
Subject: Re: [chirp_users] UV5R

You can scan for the tone when someone is transmitting.

Also you will need to know the repeater offset or the input frequency if using a repeater

Look here

http://www.miklor.com/uv5r/UV5R-ToneScan.html

Bret

Sent from my iPad

On Jan 31, 2013, at 9:22 PM, "Ken G" <kdubya at iinet.net.au> wrote:

I have the same problem. We need the access tone they’ve set to open the squelch. I can’t find any one where I work (I volunteer at a museum) who knows what the tone is.

Ken G