[chirp_users] Daily build questions

John LaMartina
Wed Jan 9 12:50:26 PST 2013

Hope this helps...
Go to the Latest CHIRP Daily Build and select the appropriate software.

                 Win  2K, XP, Vista, W7  =   installer.exe
                 Win  32bit stand alone  =   win32.zip
                 Apple Mac OS             =   app.zip
                 Linux                            =   tar.gz

John    K3NXU

-----Original Message-----
From: chirp_users-bounces at intrepid.danplanet.com [mailto:chirp_users-bounces at intrepid.danplanet.com] On Behalf Of Mike Schwendeman
Sent: Wednesday, January 09, 2013 3:28 PM
To: chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com
Subject: [chirp_users] Daily build questions

Sorry to have to ask...   But when I follow the link to the daily build
(as is offered below), I am somewhat confused, as I see a LOT of
possibilities in the "grab it from the following location:" result, as
follows:

[TXT] 	Model_Support.html
<http://trac.chirp.danplanet.com/chirp_daily/daily-20130109/Model_Support.html>
	09-Jan-2013 00:05 	171K
[ ] 	SHA1SUM
<http://trac.chirp.danplanet.com/chirp_daily/daily-20130109/SHA1SUM>
09-Jan-2013 00:05 	472
[TXT] 	Test_Report.html
<http://trac.chirp.danplanet.com/chirp_daily/daily-20130109/Test_Report.html>
	09-Jan-2013 00:05 	47K
[ ] 	chirp-daily-20130109-installer.exe
<http://trac.chirp.danplanet.com/chirp_daily/daily-20130109/chirp-daily-20130109-installer.exe>
	09-Jan-2013 00:05 	9.9M
[ ] 	chirp-daily-20130109-win32.zip
<http://trac.chirp.danplanet.com/chirp_daily/daily-20130109/chirp-daily-20130109-win32.zip>
	09-Jan-2013 00:05 	12M
[ ] 	chirp-daily-20130109.app.zip
<http://trac.chirp.danplanet.com/chirp_daily/daily-20130109/chirp-daily-20130109.app.zip>
	09-Jan-2013 00:05 	398K
[ ] 	chirp-daily-20130109.tar.gz
<http://trac.chirp.danplanet.com/chirp_daily/daily-20130109/chirp-daily-20130109.tar.gz>
	09-Jan-2013 00:05 	266K
[ ] 	rpttool-0.3.tar.gz
<http://trac.chirp.danplanet.com/chirp_daily/daily-20130109/rpttool-0.3.tar.gz>
	09-Jan-2013 00:05 	142K

     Now, the model support and test report is obvious, and the one that
has the "win32.zip" is fairly obvious to me.  (I assume this is used for
Windows XP?)

     But the ones that end in ".exe" and ".app.zip" are not at all
clear, I am sorry to have to admit.

     The ones that end in "tar.gz" are quite possibly to be used if one
uses Linux, I am guessing.

     My questions:
- Must one download all of the above files?  (Or, just one?)
- Which is the one to use, when one wants to use XP, as an example?

     I have looked through all of the help files here:
http://chirp.danplanet.com/projects/chirp/wiki/Documentation

     In looking, I had gone to each of the sections that are mentioned,
and have searched for the word "daily."  I found nothing that offered
how to deal with the daily build.  (Maybe I missed it..?)

     This is a tremendous project, and I THANK THE FOLKS THAT HAVE PUT
SO VERY MUCH EFFORT into this service!  My point is NOT to be critical
in any way, let me be clear on this.  It is just that this old phart is
looking for a way to possibly streamline the use of this magnificent
project.

     Thank you, and 73!

     -Mike-   KØJTA