[chirp_users] Baofeng UV-5R+Upload Error

Doug Gilbert
Wed Feb 20 11:08:52 PST 2013

Thanks for the reply.

The only release I seem to be able to get to off the site is:
chirp-daily-20121222-installer.exe.  Are there other versions in other
locations?

Doug

From: chirp_users-bounces at intrepid.danplanet.com
[mailto:chirp_users-bounces at intrepid.danplanet.com] On Behalf Of Jim Unroe
Sent: Wednesday, February 20, 2013 12:45 PM
To: Discussion of CHIRP
Subject: Re: [chirp_users] Baofeng UV-5R+Upload Error

Doug,
Use the 0.3.0 stable release or latest daily build and you should be good.
Jim KC9HI

On Feb 20, 2013 12:18 PM, "Doug Gilbert" <dougandsharon at tampabay.rr.com>
wrote:

Model: Baofeng UV-5R+

Firmware: BFB297

Driver: Prolilfic 3.2.0.0

Operating System: Windows 7 Service Pack 1

Chirp: Daily Build 20121222

I just purchased the UV-5R+ and tried to connect it up to Chirp.  Got
through the driver installation and Chirp software install thanks to the
documentation provided on MIKLOR.

I am able to Download the radio parameters into Chirp fine - the "Cloning"
window pops up and everything appears to show fine.  However after making a
frequency change to one channel and trying to Upload the changes back to the
radio, I get the message: "Unsupported Firmware Version BFB301 BFB297".
This happens right after the "Cloning" window pops up.

Since there are so many variables to analyze for potential problems, I
downloaded the Baofeng VIP software version: V120725 and tried the same
scenario - everything seems to work fine there - Download/Upload.

Is Firmware Version BFB297 supported yet by CHIRP?

Thanks,

Doug