[chirp_users] help programming public safety information

Kevin Badger
Sat Feb 16 20:49:52 PST 2013

i am kevin, i have both a ham radio callsign n0ukm and a public safety
callsign for part 90 operations.

i am using a baofeng uv-5r radio that has bfb297 firmware.

version of chirp that i am using is: chirp daily-20130216

what i am needing to do is this:  program only a transmit tone and it does
not matter if it is ctcss or dcs.  the agencies i work with do not require
a receive tone.  only a transmit tone is needed.

what do i need to do with the chirp programming software that allows me to
do that.

this is the first time for me programming this radio with the chirp
software with both public safety simplex and repeater/ham radio simplex and
repeater.

can someone please help and if i need to clarify something let me know

thanks

--
Doc