[chirp_users] Merging files?

Ron McKenzie
Tue Feb 12 15:44:15 PST 2013

Here's how I do it, this may be more labor intensive than necessary but
it helps me maintain version control. Since I've prefer MS Excel that's
my tool of choice.
I do the following:

  * download from the radio into Chirp,
  * export it as csv,
  * open radio csv in Excel,
  * copy that to a new document,
  * open the "merge" csv in Excel,
  * copy and paste from it into the new doc,
  * manipulate the new doc as needed,
  * save the new doc from Excel as a csv,
  * import that csv into Chirp,
  * save it as a .img file (saves a step later if I have reinstall),
  * upload the img from Chirp to the radio.

Ron