[chirp_users] linux dtr/rts issue

jim ki6njf
Sat Feb 9 13:16:26 PST 2013

All, I cannot get the Ubuntu version of Chirp to function

CHIRP daily-20130209
GTK 2.24.13
PyGTK 2.24.0
Python 2.7.3

to work with an RT systems interface cable on linux.  But, Under Windows XP
SP3 running on the same system under Virtual Box, Chirp 0.3.0 works.

Ubuntu 12.10
KDE
Virtual Box 4.1.18
radio: yaesu ft-7800 or vx-7r
RT System adapter cable.

for the windows system the Data Terminal Ready/Request to Send lines go high
(the rt system adapter is power by the diode OR of them at a positive voltage)
for the transfer, On the linux version DTR/RTS stay negative.  The RT systems
adapter must have DRT or RTS high to be powered.

I am a member of the tty and dialout groups on the linux system.

Any ideas or more information?

73s
jim
ki6njf