[chirp_users] FT-2800m

Jeffrey Deuel
Fri Feb 8 11:56:20 PST 2013

Hi All-

I've had great success using Chirp on my Mac to program my UV5r's.  I'm now trying to use it with my FT-2800m Yaesu mobile.  I get a sense that the cable is communicating with the radio, as I sometimes get a message saying the program couldn't get header info, while other times I get an Error message on the radio.  I've seen reports of people using different key combinations when powering on to put the radio in pairing mode, which I've done.  I'm a little unclear what to do at that point.  Can anyone point me to a step-by-step list for programming the ft-2800m with Chirp and a Mac?  I'd be forever in your debt.

Thanks and 73,

Jeff