[chirp_users] Other Yaesus ... (Re: FT-7900r

Dan Smith
Sat Feb 2 10:59:19 PST 2013

> Any way to get the FT90R or FT50RD included?  Hint, hint.  :-)  I have
> the RT software for both, but the FT50 software won't even run on XP
> (I don't think).

I've spent quite a bit of time with both of these radios trying to
write drivers. They are the only two I've ever given up on. I think the
interest level is fairly low, and thus deemed it not worth my time to
continue (after hours of trying).

The FT-50 clone process was never predictable and thus I didn't feel
the driver was reliable enough to enable. The code for it is actually
still in the tree, so if someone wanted to step up and try to figure
out why the radio seems to do something different every time you do a
clone, it should be fairly easy after that.

The FT-90 memory map seemed to not store the tone value per memory
(although of course, it did, since the radio remembers more than one
tone). I spent hours trying to figure out what was going on and
eventually decided to quit. Again, I have partial code for this, if
anyone is interested in taking it on.