[chirp_users] Baofeng UV-5R

Milton Hywatt
Mon Dec 23 15:17:34 PST 2013

I found programming both Wouxun UV6D v2 and
UV 5R to have enough similarities. And the gentleman
can take his Wouxun .img file and 'Import' it into his
'download from radio' template from the UV-5R saving some time getting
used to the differences. That's a valuable resource when the
radios share much of the same settings. Importing to say an Anytone
AT5888UV from either HT is different since there are many fields
the AT has that both the Chineses hand helds do not. But I also own
both of those hand helds and if I had one nicely programmed I would
certainly just import to the other.

________________________________
 From: Jim Unroe <rock.unroe at gmail.com>
To: Discussion of CHIRP <chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com>
Sent: Monday, December 23, 2013 6:01 PM
Subject: Re: [chirp_users] Baofeng UV-5R

On Mon, Dec 23, 2013 at 4:30 PM, George Gillespie <kf5iay at gmail.com> wrote:

This is not working I didn't have any trouble with my wouxun software but this is hard

Actually, it isn't hard. It is just different. Forget what you know and follow the guides that were previously posted.

I also recommend the WP4AOH blog. It explains more of what is going on.

http://wp4aoh.blogspot.com/