[chirp_users] Chirp & FT8800R

rtsears at comcast.net
Sun Dec 15 15:34:55 PST 2013

Sent with Zeus

Randy Elliott <ve3jpu at me.com> wrote:

Greeting to the group I have been trying to help a friend out with his FT8800R and connection to Chirp. He is running a Mac Mini that I be leave is pre Intel. He purchased the dedicated USB to radio cable from a link on the Chirp web site. Here is the problem, he launches chirp OK, it recognizes his cable, he places his radio into clones mode, but he keeps getting an error message which states: "could not open port/dev/cu.usbserial-RTWHKYXO: [Errno2] No such file or directory: '/dev/cu.usbserial-RTWHKYXO'" Any help would be appreciated. Randy Elliott VE3JPU Technical Director South Pickering Amateur Radio Club Inc. Box 53 Pickering, Ontario, Canada L1V 2R2 905-427-6853 ve3jpu at me.com Skype: scruffdog_____________________________________________