[chirp_users] Chirp & FT8800R

Jens J.
Sun Dec 15 12:10:11 PST 2013

1. Which exact cable was purchased? Do you have a link to the store, etc?
2. what is the exact OS version (10.5? 10.6? etc). If this mac mini is G4/G5 (non-intel), you may have to search to find the right drivers.
3. which exact driver did you install? if it was downloaded from the internet, provide the link.

If this is pre-intel mac, it may require some special work to hunt down a driver that will work with this, provided it's even available.

-Jens

________________________________
 From: Randy Elliott <ve3jpu at me.com>
To: chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com
Sent: Sunday, December 15, 2013 1:58 PM
Subject: [chirp_users] Chirp & FT8800R

Greeting to the group

I have been trying to help a friend out with his FT8800R and connection to Chirp.
He is running a Mac Mini that I be leave is pre Intel.
He purchased the dedicated USB to radio cable from a link on the Chirp web site.
Here is the problem, he launches chirp OK, it recognizes his cable, he places his radio into clones mode, but he keeps getting an error message which states:
"could not open port/dev/cu.usbserial-RTWHKYXO: [Errno2] No such file or directory: '/dev/cu.usbserial-RTWHKYXO'"

Any help would be appreciated.

Randy Elliott VE3JPU
Technical Director
South Pickering Amateur Radio Club Inc.