[chirp_users] Testing direct import of .img files

Milton Hywatt
Thu Dec 12 12:29:23 PST 2013

Last night I got a chance to test importing saved  .img files from

my Wouxun into an Anytone radio. For the most part it works well.
I also tried it reverse. .img from Anytone to Wouxun KGUV6D imported
but didn't write the first 5 lines which were all public service. Seems

it didn't understand the duplex settings. I went back to the Anytone,
.img made changes in Chirp then imported it back into the Wouxun.

That time it worked. I also uploaded the same .img file to the Anytone
and the changes in the settings really didn't matter for those frequencies
since I don't transmit on them, tx is actually disabled for all public service.

Se yes this is a good way to share your files back and forth if you have

different radios. You might need to make some changes because of incompatible
settings but that's not a big deal.