[chirp_users] Tuning step roadblock

Milton Hywatt
Sun Dec 8 13:39:29 PST 2013

There is one Chinese radio capable of decoding and encoding
DTMF/2Tone/5Tone. I don't recall if Chirp has the ability to
add and manipulate Optional Signaling but the OEM software
certainly does. You can also sleep and awaken the radio
remotely with 5Tone signaling. The radio is a dual band 50/40
watt mobile rig called the Anytone AT-5888UV which Chirp
does support. But again, I couldn't say for sure if Chirp supports
Optional Signaling with the AT-5888UV, I'm not around either
radio at the moment to look around.

________________________________
 From: ddubois <woody2 at questiongravity.com>
To: Discussion of CHIRP <chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com>
Sent: Sunday, December 8, 2013 4:21 PM
Subject: Re: [chirp_users] Tuning step roadblock

I haven't done any side-by-side tests between the UV-5B and the IC-F14
yet, but not being able to decode a 2-tone page signal is a big strike
against the Baofeng right out of the gate. The F14 drives me a bit crazy
not having a display, so you don't know which channel you're hearing
during scan mode... so I was really wanting the Baofeng to have the same
functionality and more. Bummer.

Thanks to all involved in creating and maintaining CHIRP... I had a
remarkably short learning curve, esp. since Jim was so fast to reply to
my bug.

Doug