[chirp_users] Tuning step roadblock

Jim Unroe
Sun Dec 8 04:09:18 PST 2013

On Sun, Dec 8, 2013 at 3:43 AM, ddubois <woody2 at questiongravity.com> wrote:

> Here's what I'm stuck on. I took an image off the Baofeng to use as a
> template. I'm trying to enter the RX freq of 156.2025 into the first
> memory channel. When I do so, I get the error "Tuning step 2.50 not
> supported...Frequency requires 2.50kHz step." I need to configure the
> channel to receive on 159.000, figured I'd set Duplex to Split and set
> Offset to 159.000. I'll spare you all the work-arounds I've tried, and
> the other errors I've seen, 'cause I'm starting to wonder if my radio
> won't support this "step", and I'm left to wonder what the heck "Tune
> step" and "channelize" are anyway? I've looked in the wiki, and done
> some web searching, but so far no joy. Any light would be much appreciated!
>
> Thanks much,
> Doug, Kansas

Doug,

The UV-B5/UV-B6 does not support 2.5 KHz steps when programming from the
keypad or the OEM software . CHIRP, however, is capable of programming
these radios with this resolution. Unfortunately back in October it looks
like I broke the capability trying to fix something else.

I will see what I can do to restore this capability. In the mean time,
install and use the CHIRP Daily-20131019 build until the issue is resolved.

http://trac.chirp.danplanet.com/chirp_daily/daily-20131019/