[chirp_users] Issues w/ getting UV-5R to communicate w/ CHIRP on a Mac

Milton Hywatt
Sat Dec 7 14:03:17 PST 2013

I would agree that the BF888 is not encoding or decoding tones if the BF888 transmit is not heard but the
display changes from idle to active on the UV5Rs. Also the other way around. If the BF888 is not hearing
the UV5Rs then this is likely an issue of incorrect PL tone settings.

________________________________
 From: Colby Teller <tellec at gmail.com>
To: Jens J. <kd4tjx at yahoo.com>; Discussion of CHIRP <chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com>
Sent: Saturday, December 7, 2013 2:45 AM
Subject: Re: [chirp_users] Issues w/ getting UV-5R to communicate w/ CHIRP on a Mac

Jens et al,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you guys - it's been a crazy week getting ready for the race.  I downloaded your new driver this evening, and was able to connect to the radios without issue at all!  I saved a CSV of my team's frequencies from a pre-programmed BF-888 I had kicking around, and quickly had all four UV-5Rs programmed.  Thanks very much - you literally saved the day.

One note; the UV-5Rs all communicate with each other fine, but they won't communicate with the BF-888.  The display on the UV-5Rs change color when the BF-888 is transmitting, but I'm not getting tx/rcv sound either way.  Any idea what could be causing this behavior?

Thanks,

Colby

Actually, if you are feeling adventurous, I have just finished packaging the latest osx-pl2303 driver that you can try.