[chirp_users] Clone/Live radio mode support in CHIRP

Tom Hayward
Mon Dec 2 12:33:14 PST 2013

On Mon, Dec 2, 2013 at 12:27 PM, Mike Agner <ka3jjz at comcast.net> wrote:
> Tom it's obvious that you put a heckuva lot of work in putting this
> together, but I'm afraid there's one fly in the ointment (only one?? hi)

No, I only put a small amount of work into updating this to add the
column you wanted. The rest of the information has been there for
quite some time. This page is linked to from the home page and the
download page. Note that this printout is from the latest daily build.
My addition won't show up until tonight's build.

> The MODE column says 'Yes/No'.  While it might be very obvious to
> experienced CHIRP folks, it's nowhere near explanatory without some sort
> of legend. Does 'Yes' mean 'Clone' while
> 'No' mean 'Live'?
>
> In fact looking at that table, there are a few columns there whose
> meaning is not obvious. Might I suggest a legend to describe some of
> these terms?

Hover over the column headings for a description.

The column I added is labeled "Type", the values will be "Clone",
"Live", or "File", and it will be on the far right. Refresh the page
after the daily build comes out tonight and you'll see it.

Tom KD7LXL