[chirp_users] autoupdate of Chirp on Ubuntu

Mike Morrow
Thu Aug 29 21:10:38 PDT 2013

Ø  Your package index files are stale. Always run "apt-get update" before
"apt-get upgrade".

Trouble is, as was in the original (ornate) message, this was an AUTOMATIC
update.  I did not run anything.  I am not sure what to run to do an update
yet.  I have not gotten to that part of the book yet.  This window came up
and I let it run and that’s what it said
(http://ppa.launchpad.net/dansmith/chirp-snapshots/ubuntu/pool/main/c/chirp-
daily/chirp-daily_20130822~precise~1_amd64.deb

404  Not Found)

I did try the two command (with the required SUDO added in front) and they
did stuff.

What I was trying to report that the automatic update failed.

Thanks for the manual entries.  I can fall back on these when the automatic
fails again.

Mike