[chirp_users] Chirp not showing USB ports in Linux

Mathew Mrosko
Fri Aug 23 16:24:08 PDT 2013

What distro?

Maybe it doesn't have permissions.  In deb/ubuntu usually you'll need to
be in the dialup user group to have access to serial devices, including
USB-based ones.  You can either change the udev rule to allow all
permissions, or the group which the device node is created, or add
yourself to the dialup group and start chirp from a new login session.

Mat