[chirp_users] So happy

Andrew
Thu Aug 15 17:45:56 PDT 2013

On 16/08/13 01:20, Micheal Morrow wrote:
> Then try to download from the radio and got a message error 13 that I
> don't have permissions to ttyUSB0.
> Another website said to issue: |sudo chmod 0777 /dev/ttyUSB0|

That works, but the permissions will probably be reset after a reboot
upor reinsertion of the USB serial adapter.

I'm running Linux Mint, which is based on Ubuntu. On my computer
/dev/ttyUSB*, as created, are owned by the 'dialout' group. The command
'ls -l /dev/ttyUSB0' should show you the owner and group, it might not
be 'dialout' on your system.

Assuming that your user name is 'username' and the group of /dev/ttyUSB0
is 'dialout' then you can then add your own user to this group with the
command:

sudo adduser username dialout

That way your user account will automatically have permission to use any
serial ports on the system.

--

Andrew.