[chirp_users] Chirp /Mac

Milton Hywatt
Tue Aug 13 15:06:16 PDT 2013

The only cable driver I've known to work on a Mac (Intel chipset)
was the one you install that's wrapped up in a package. The installer
is in Spanish. It's downloaded from here:
http://changux.co/osx-installer-to-pl2303-serial-usb-on-osx-lio/

When you plug in your cable that driver should appear in Chirp's list of ports. And the radio
does not have to be in clone. It won't work that way. It should read and write
to the radio while the radio is in the normal channel or frequency mode. Make
sure the plug going to the radio is firmly in place.

________________________________
 From: Glenn Watson <glenn.watson54 at bigpond.com>
To: chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com
Sent: Monday, August 12, 2013 11:21 PM
Subject: [chirp_users] Chirp /Mac

Chirp /Mac
Hi
I am trying to run Chirp on my Mac to use with the Baofeng UV-R5, but having some difficulties connecting to 2. When it read from the radio in clone I get a error message : Radio did not respond.  I have installed it on a windows machine and it works just fine so I am doing something wrong on the Mac.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mac book Air
Software                OS X 10.8.4 (12E55)
Drivers installed   OSX Installer to PL2303 Serial-USB on OSX Lion
Chirp 0.3.1