[chirp_users] Blocking Transmit on Selected Channels

Kelly Brown
Mon Aug 12 17:07:09 PDT 2013

OK folks, I am sorry.

Please remove me from this user group as it is not what I thought I was
signing up for.

Thanks.

Kelly Brown

From: chirp_users-bounces at intrepid.danplanet.com
[mailto:chirp_users-bounces at intrepid.danplanet.com] On Behalf Of Jim Unroe
Sent: Monday, August 12, 2013 7:04 PM
To: Discussion of CHIRP
Subject: Re: [chirp_users] Blocking Transmit on Selected Channels

On Mon, Aug 12, 2013 at 6:51 PM, Jim McCorison <jimmcc at mccorison.com> wrote:

Greetings,

I am programming some radios for auxiliary volunteers with our local
fire department. We wish to provide them the ability to monitor the
county sheriff repeater, but to not be able to transmit to it. After
poking around the best I could come up with was to set Duplex=split and
Offset=0.00000. Is there a preferred method?

Hi Jim,

It depends on the radio that you are programming. On the radios that I have
been involved with (Baofeng UV-5R, UV-B5 UV-82 and Wouxun KG-UV6D), to
inhibit TX all you do is set Duplex=off and CHIRP handles the details.