[chirp_users] UV5R roger beep/durability

kf8sj at aol.com
Mon Aug 5 12:26:36 PDT 2013

will someone explain sequence of roger beep to me.  where in transmission is it sent.  have unusual situation with two repeaters in somewhat proximity to each other.  common output frequency, but different input pl tones.. would like to identify that inout is on one of the two.

klutzy me has dropped radio numerous times.  on wood floor, concrete sidewalk, and in the grass.  each time it came up working.  on last sidewalk drop, clip on back flew apart, and battery popped off.  put it back together, and it worked well.  added small amount of jb weld to the spring, and pin ends, no more problems.  have since fired up seven more units, all with the jb weld mod.

this is one rugged little beast.  love the rascal.  wifey calls it my "TOY'  cost a hella of a lot less than the last ht's i bought, can't see why she is cmplaining.  maybe i shold not take it to bed with me?

73  jim  kf8sj