[chirp_users] Bootable Chirp CD & Thumb-drive

Tom Morris
Thu Aug 1 10:15:30 PDT 2013

If a fake flash drive is a concern, use H2TestW as mentioned here.
http://fightflashfraud.wordpress.com/2008/11/24/h2testw-gold-standard-in-detecting-fake-capacity-flash/

If the drive's good, it should work with no errors. If it's burned with a
fake capacity, it'll let you know what the real capacity was.

Also, if the drive is not fake but has a defect, it'll catch that too. I
have had several Sandisk MicroSD cards go bad and H2TestW reminds me that
the corruption problems aren't my fault, it's the card's... zowie!

On Wed, Jul 31, 2013 at 7:17 PM, Jeff Melton <W5JNM at arrl.net> wrote:

> Sorry to chase this rabbit trail, but my search of the wiki
> <http://chirp.danplanet.com/projects/chirp/wiki/Home> for the procedure
> you mention didn't return any results. Can someone kindly point this
> n00b in the right direction?
>
> Jeff
> W5JNM -at- ARRL
>
> On 7/30/13 11:14 PM, chirp_users-request at intrepid.danplanet.com wrote:
> > Message: 7
> > Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2013 20:30:46 -0600
> > From: David Evans<kd7uch at gmail.com>
> > Subject: Re: [chirp_users] Bootable Chirp CD & Thumb-drive
> > To: Discussion of CHIRP<chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com>
> >
> > Jim,
> > That is the way I crested mine.  It is the procedure described in the
> wiki.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > David
> >
> > kd7uch at arrl.net

Tom Morris, KG4CYX
Mad Scientist and Operations Manager, WDNA-FM 88.9 Miami - Serious Jazz!
Engineer, WRGP Radiate FM, Florida International University
786-228-7087
151.820 Megacycles