[chirp_users] Can't receive from Icom T70A using CHIRP 0.3.1

Tom Hayward
Wed Apr 10 13:11:01 PDT 2013

On Wed, Apr 10, 2013 at 11:47 AM, Steve Bosshard (NU5D)
<bosshard at gmail.com> wrote:
> FWIW - I downloaded CHIRP last Sunday afternoon.  Connected to a T70.  Chirp
> did not recognize the radio model.  Once I clicked T70 is was smoothe
> sailing.  Using a serial cable and an USB / Com port converter.  nu5d

Do you mean CHIRP could not detect the radio model automatically? This
happens with some radios. I'm not familiar with the differences in the
Icom line, but I know my Kenwood TH-D72 cannot automatically be
detected on OS X due to the way they coded its USB driver. No big
deal--selecting TH-D72 from the dropdown works fine.

Dane, if I'm reading your post correctly, you're already explicitly
selecting T70 from the list, so your issue is something different. As
with any CHIRP issue, the debug.log generally makes it evident what
the problem is.
http://chirp.danplanet.com/projects/chirp/wiki/How_To_Report_Issues

Tom KD7LXL