[chirp_users] Using Chirp to program Wouxun KG-UV6Dv2 on a Mac - cable issues?

Cam Banks
Sun Sep 30 13:06:46 PDT 2012

Hi guys,

I am a brand-new ham & bought the KG-UV6Dv2 from Wouxun.us along with their cable.  I run Parallels 8 and can see I could probably program it their, but I'd rather do it on the Mac (Mountain Lion 8.2).

I've installed the driver package from RT Systems, and also the other more generic driver from Sourceforge (also supposed to be good on the  Mac).  Chirp runs fine, Python is installed, but it can't see my radio - it tries to read it and then reports an error (can't remember the exact error title, but it's to the effect of "can't find device"). Mac System Reports sees various serial devices, and it looks like the cable is a Prolific chipset.

I think I could connect if I could figure out how to control COM ports/Serial Ports on the mac, or is it hopeless w/the Prolific cable?

Thanks,

Cam