[chirp_users] New UV-5R BFB291 Firmware Problems

John LaMartina
Fri Sep 28 07:18:56 PDT 2012

If you cannot connect with the factory software, it may be a driver issue.
This may assist with the driver issue.
http://www.miklor.com/uv5r/UV5R-Drivers.html
Let us know if the problem persists.

John    K3NXU

-----Original Message-----
From: chirp_users-bounces at intrepid.danplanet.com [mailto:chirp_users-bounces at intrepid.danplanet.com] On Behalf Of Ed Figueroa
Sent: Friday, September 28, 2012 9:17 AM
To: chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com
Subject: [chirp_users] New UV-5R BFB291 Firmware Problems

I am new to this list, so please forgive me for asking the obvious
question.   I have checked the FAQ and did not find my answer.   I
recently purchased two Baofeng UV-5R, firmware BFB291.   I am unable
to program these radio with Chirp software.  Any idea when update for
Chirp will handle this new firmware?   I tried using factory software
and getting communication errors.  I would prefer using Chirp.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Ed - KB4VWA