[chirp_users] Help needed, can't write to Yaesu FT-60

D.J.J. Ring, Jr.
Wed Sep 26 14:41:39 PDT 2012

Hi,

You do know that you have to have
http://www.d-rats.com/download/OSX_Runtime/KK7DS_Python_Runtime_R10.pkg
installed for Mac, I'm sure you did that.

Now for Live CD, I'd recommend our stable Ubuntu based distro.  Many of the
files you need are already in there.

http://vinuxproject.org/downloads

Look for the Stable Distro.
http://vinuxproject.org/Downloads/V3.0.2/Vinux-3.0.2-I386.iso

I don't know if Mac has dd but if it does you can download an img file for
a USB stick and put Vinux on a USB stick - that's the best bet.

Otherwise just download the iso and burn it.  Boot up into it, open a
terminal window with control alternate plus the letter t

Then type:

sudo apt-get install python-serial python-libxml2

sudo apt-add-repository ppa:dansmith/chirp-snapshots
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install chirp-daily

Linux info for chirp is here:
http://chirp.danplanet.com/projects/chirp/wiki/Running_Under_Linux
*IMPORTANT - *
*Note that you may need to adjust permissions on the /dev/tty(something)
device, or add your users who want to use Chirp to the "dialout" group in
order to let non-privileged users access the serial device.*
After you've booted up, email back if you have problem adding your username
to the group dialout or for finding the /dev/tty mine was something like
/dev/tty/USB00 as it was via USB connection.
73
David J. Ring, Jr., N1EA <http://www.qsl.net/n1ea/>  Radio-Officers
Group<http://groups.google.com/group/radio-officers?hl=en>-- Join
Morse Recordings <http://archive.org/search.php?query=n1ea>
*Gopher Hole:*  gopher://sdf.org/1/users/djringjr/ (native or with
Firefox's Overbite extension) or via http to gopher
gateway<http://gopher.floodgap.com/gopher/gw?gopher://sdf.org/1/users/djringjr/>
*C**hat* Skype: djringjr MSN: djringjr at msn.com AIM: N1EA icq: 27380609

=30=