[chirp_users] Help needed, can't write to Yaesu FT-60

chirp.cordless at xoxy.net
Wed Sep 26 12:00:40 PDT 2012

Well, this is a real bummer.
New cable from Kawamall arrived today, very fast USPS shipping.

Unfortunately, the result is the same, "Radio did not respond"
on write. Radio displays --Rx-- forever. Reads fine when I try that.

Tried multiple times, applying lateral pressure to the plug in the FT60
as suggested by Dan Smith yesterday. Tried our other FT60 several
times, similarly, no success.

Made sure the radio was in VFO mode, FWIW.

The Prolific driver is the one recently reported as working on Mountain
Lion 10.8.2 by Jay Moran with a Kawamall Prolific cable (on a VX-7R),
from xbsd.nl

So:
- Two cables, both Prolific FWIW (and identical appearance down to
the indentations on the USB connector molding).
- Two different FT60s, both of which have recently worked as
the receiver in a radio/radio clone operation.
- The radios can be read into Chirp just fine.
- They don't respond at all on write.

Since others can get this, or very similar, working, I feel like
I must be doing something wrong, but I don't see what.
I get the radio in clone mode displaying --Rx--, then hit the OK
button in Chirp's "Upload to Radio" dialog, with the port set
to /dev/cu.PL2303-00402214, which works for read.

What's next?

-dan