[chirp_users] Help needed, can't write to Yaesu FT-60

Dan Smith
Tue Sep 25 16:32:03 PDT 2012

> So, I'll wait for the new cable, I guess.

For what it's worth, I have always had trouble with the FT-60 and
aftermarket cables. The only way I'm ever able to get a reliable upload
into the radio is by trial-and-error and exerting lateral force on the
connector with one hand while starting the transfer with the other.

I'm not sure if the FT-60 has an odd jack or some construction detail
that makes this necessary for cables other than the one from Yaesu, but
I have seen it consistently over the several FT-60s I've used.

Try pushing on it from every which way and see if you can make some
progress on the upload.