[chirp_users] Use on VX5r

Tom Hayward
Sun Sep 23 17:42:08 PDT 2012

On Sun, Sep 23, 2012 at 4:30 PM, Marty Hartwell <mhartwe at gmail.com> wrote:
> The version of Chirp I am using is 0.1.12, I just loaded it yesterday
> sometime.

That version is almost a year old. I don't recall all the VX5 updates
since then, but I know there have been a few. One may solve your
problem.

The easiest way to stay up to date on *buntu is with the daily
development ppa. This is the bleeding-edge new feature branch, not the
stable branch, so new features may have some bugs. We do our best to
fix these as soon as they are reported. The VX5 driver is very mature
at this point.

Here are the commands to add the ppa and install the daily version:

sudo apt-add-repository ppa:dansmith/chirp-snapshots
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install chirp-daily

What is the error message Chirp gave you (or was it something else
that reported the error)?

Tom KD7LXL