[chirp_users] Help needed, can't write to Yaesu FT-60

chirp.cordless at xoxy.net
Sat Sep 22 20:10:49 PDT 2012

Hi Jay,

Thank you again, the log does help a little:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/Applications/.../chirp-0.2.3.app/Contents/Resources/chirp/chirpui/clone.py", line 220, in run
    self.__radio.sync_out()
  File "/Applications/.../chirp-0.2.3.app/Contents/Resources/chirp/chirp/ft60.py", line 169, in sync_out
    upload(self)
  File "/Applications/.../chirp-0.2.3.app/Contents/Resources/chirp/chirp/ft60.py", line 64, in upload
    raise Exception("Radio did not respond")
Exception: Radio did not respond

So at least I know Chirp knows there's something wrong.
I couldn't tell that before. There is nothing in the Chirp window, or any popup,
with that exception text; I'd say there's an opportunity for improvement there.

The log output is the same if the cable is connected but not the radio.
Actually, as a result  I feel better about the cable being the issue.

Some startup noise about a missing pangorc (something about internationalized
fonts?) and a missing icon 'application-octet-stream'. I don't think that's my problem.

So, I'll wait for the new cable, I guess.

Thanks and regards,

-dan